Fleet Line Markers Ltd was established in 1953 by Mr Peter McGuffie and specialised in the manufacture of a product called Fleet Renovator. This was a ‘paste’ that was widely used by the UK's Armed Forces for polishing the webbing on the uniforms, such as the belts, gaiters etc. With the abolition of National Service in 1960, Peter decided to turn his skills in pigmentation towards the production of line marking materials and machinery. During the 1960's, Fleet soon became the market leader in sports line marking. Even in those days, Fleet was winning awards for their innovation. One of the first awards to be received was the prestigious IOG Gold Award for the first dry marking machine. Further awards have followed in every decade since.
Innovations & The Future
Fleet Australasia was formed in 2000 as a result of a partnership between Iain McGuffie and John Carr. The NZ branch started with John importing containers from the UK and within a couple of years quickly grew to manufacturing paint on site in Wanganui.
Fleet Australasia is the only specialist line marking manufacturer based in New Zealand and is now direct to market with sales representatives in the North and South Islands. Fleet continues to heavily invest in technology which is shaping the line marking industry and we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturing supplier in the New Zealand market. Our success could not have been achieved without the continued support of our loyal customer base